Authorities say electrical malfunction caused house fire on Yazoo Street
UPDATE: Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in a bedroom of the home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire in the bedroom. The rest of the house received smoke and water damage.
BATON ROUGE- The Baton Rouge Fire Department has confirmed it is responding to a house fire on Yazoo street Sunday night.
The fire was reported at a home on Yazoo Street near Malmaison Drive around 9 p.m.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Business owner working with public officials to address Baton Rouge crime problem
'Porch pirates' caught stealing packages from homes in Livingston Parish
Attorneys say Ronald Greene family infuriated after emails show coverup over his...
Some subdivision construction deferred, others up for approval after May flood
New procedure can help people with cataracts and poor vision