Authorities: 4 die in Dallas from carbon monoxide poisoning
DALLAS (AP) - Four people have been found dead in a house under construction in Dallas.
The Dallas Morning News reports that authorities say the two men and two children are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says a generator powering a heater and cellphones was inside the house and had run long enough for the carbon monoxide to reach fatal levels.
Fire officials and police were called to the house in Dallas' Oak Cliff neighborhood about 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
The victims' names and ages haven't been released, but Evans says the children were young boys.
Property owner Hector Medrano says the men were construction workers who recently had to move from their apartments. He says he let them sleep in the home overnight.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Crews contain natural gas leak on LSU campus Thursday afternoon
Workers find crack in Sunshine Bridge; road partially closed until further notice
Judge declares mistrial after jury fails to reach decision in beloved baseball...
Stretch of Nicholson Drive shut down as crews investigate gas leak Thursday...
Private plane crash-lands near BR airport after reported engine failure
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins