Arlington National Cemetery evacuated after bomb threat
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - Arlington National Cemetery has been evacuated as authorities respond to a bomb threat.
The cemetery said on its social media pages late Wednesday morning that all families, visitors and employees had been evacuated safely from public buildings and work areas. The threat was being investigated.
The cemetery says it will be closed to the public for the rest of the day, but open for funeral attendees and family pass holders.
No further details were immediately available.
Hundreds of thousands of service members, veterans and their families have been laid to rest in the cemetery just outside the nation's capital.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
State wrestling tournament gives downtown BR a boost in business
FDA approves emergency use of single-shot COVID vaccine from Johnson & Johnson
Local leaders, organizations bring vaccination site to North Baton Rouge
104-year-old celebrates another year
Officials expect fairs, festivals to resume statewide in the near future with...