9 people escape from Baker home destroyed by morning fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire investigators say nine people, ranging from adult to infant, were in a house in Baker that was the scene of an early morning fire.
According to Baker Fire Department, crews responded to the scene on Hovey Avenue around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. The house was destroyed in the blaze and is considered a total loss.
Authorities say the nine occupants of the residence, including two adults, were able to exit the house safely during the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Fire investigators are still trying to figure out what sparked the fire, but they believe it was electrical.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Effects of Colonial Pipeline shutdown highlight truck driver shortage
Friends, teachers and students hold candle light vigil in memory of killed...
In Baton Rouge, Novavax begins trials in children as young as 12
Tuesday's Health Report
More governors opting out of pandemic unemployment benefits
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76