6 finalists for Southern University-Shreveport chancellor
SHREVEPORT - Six semifinalists are in the running for chancellor of Southern University at Shreveport.
The Southern University System Board of Supervisors' Chancellor Search Committee named them Friday as:
- Rodney Ellis, higher education consultant and former chancellor of Central Louisiana Technical and Community College in Alexandria
- Aubra Gantt, vice president for academic outreach and student services for Tarrant County College District in Texas
- Johnny Moore, vice president student and outreach services for Northeast Texas Community College
- Elizabeth D. Swinford, superintendent of the Tuscaloosa County School System
- Sandra Tucker, dean of the School of Nursing at Bethune-Cookman University
- Boyce Williams, president and CEO of The National Alliance of Learning, Inc. in Washington, D.C.
Semifinalists will be interviewed Jan. 29, in Shreveport.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Many look for alternatives to EBR school cuts
'They don't tell us what's going on;' Disgruntled Republic Services employee voices...
Stroke survivors using art therapy to regain motor skills, ease anxiety
City officials cracking down on unpaid traffic tickets in New Roads
State halts Medicaid payments to detox center, leaving void for thousands
'That's typical LSU;' Tailgating underway ahead of Baton Rouge Super Regional
PREVIEW: Southern breaks down Starkville Regional
LSU softball lands national No. 10 seed
Balancing Football and Track: The story of Kary Vincent Jr.
Sha'Carri Richardson's impressive impact on LSU Track and Field