4 children die in Texas gas poisoning; others injured
AMARILLO - Officials in Texas say four children have died from gas poisoning believed to have been caused by a pesticide sprayed under their Amarillo home.
Amarillo Fire Department officials say other people who were in the home are "not out of the woods" yet.
Fire officials say a chemical reaction occurred when one person tried to wash off a pesticide that had been sprayed under the house. Poisonous Phosphine gas was released.
Capt. Larry Davis said in a statement Monday that crews responded to a medical call at the home about 5 a.m. One child died at the scene and three others died at a hospital. Officials didn't release any identifying information, including the children's ages.
Other family members and first responders are being treated.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Good Samaritan who tried to save Baton Rouge teen swept up in...
Storage building cleans up after 2 On Your Side report, parish makes...
Nearly 9 months after Hurricane Ida, first responders bracing for new storm...
Mayor of Gonzales asks for heavier patrols after deadly late-night shooting
Good Samaritan meets with family of missing BR teen
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...