2 escape apartment fire on Siegen Lane thanks to smoke detector
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters extinguished an apartment fire Friday morning on Siegen Lane.
According to St. George Fire, crews were dispatched to the Chateau Wein Apartments near BREC Meadow Park around 9:30 a.m. in response to a working fire at a two-story apartment.
Officials arrived on scene and were able to contain the blaze within 10 minutes. St. George Fire says an electrical short started the blaze.
Luckily, a smoke detector was in working order, and alerted two people who were home at the time. They were able to escape uninjured.
Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor recommends wearing a mask indoors amid new COVID surge, some state...
Plaquemine clinic provides vaccines and school supplies for students
Pay problem for Southern professors continues for summer session
Tigerland apartment building at the center of a fourth homicide investigation
SWAT team arrests accused arsonist at Tigerland apartment overnight