Wednesday night house fire on East Blvd.
BATON ROUGE- A late night house fire destroyed a home on East Boulevard Wednesday night.
Firefighters got the call of a fire at 11:55 p.m. at a residence in the 800 block of East Boulevard.
Firefighters said the fire started in a fireplace. In the fireplace, authorities found a gas heater which potentially could have started the fire.
Authorities said the family, two adults and three children, were able to escape the blaze. No injuries were reported.
The two story structure became unstable on the side where the fire started and a second crew was called. Authorities said that the firefighters were called out of the house for their safety.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control, but authorities say the home is a total loss.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU to wear uniforms saluting fallen WWI heroes Saturday
Late start at Donaldsonville schools continue
Local family struck by tragedy hope to win national Christmas-decorating contest
Scams, elder financial exploitation focus of town hall
EBRSO: Student arrested after pulling loaded gun during argument at local middle...