Two people, dog escape Goodwood Blvd. house fire
BATON ROUGE- Authorities say a problem in the A/C room caused a fire at a home on Goodwood Blvd.
The fire was reported around 10 a.m.
Authorities say an 91-year-old man, his dog and the man's caretaker were at the home at the time of the fire. The caretaker was in the kitchen cooking when she smelled smoke. According to a release, the caretaker checked the oven for the order and at that time the smoke detector went off.
The caretaker looked down the hall and opened the door of the AC room and saw flames. She quickly got the homeowner and his dog out of the house.
No injuries were reported.
The house did receive heavy fire and smoke damage.
Red Cross was called out to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Father arrested for using toddler to steal prizes from claw machine
Get ready: The Ascesnion Hot Air Balloon Festival has returned
LSU's historic Long Fieldhouse gets money for renovation work
Environmentalists and West Baton Rouge Parish residents fill parish council chamber against...
Ascension parish school district offers free english classes to spanish speaking parents