Tommy's Fish House: Shrimp and Grits
PRAIRIEVILLE- Our 2une In Chef of the Month, Chef Kenny Carr from Tommy's Fish House, was back in the kitchen this morning. On today's menu: Shrimp and Grits.
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. dry parsley
1/2 tsp. rosemary dry
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
1/4 tsp. granulated onion
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. creole seasoning
Cheese grit ingredients:
1 qt. water
1/2 cup stone-ground grits
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
salt to taste
1) Let the butter sit-out at room temperature.
2) Whip rosemary, black pepper, granulated garlic and onion, paprika and creole seasoning for about three minutes.
3) Add Worcestershire and lemon juice.
4) Sautee shrimp in butter and a little bit of water. Cook on both sides.
5) Add a little more water and 1.5 tbsp. of butter and cream. Pour over grits.
1) In a small pot, add 1 qt. water, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp. butter.
2) Let simmer.
3) Add grits and stir constantly until they start to simmer.
4) Salt to taste once grits have cooked.
5) Add cheese.
6) Remove from heat.
Head into the kitchen with Chef Kenny to see the process step-by-step. Check out the related links for his recipe for Pepper Jack Crab Dip, and 2une In next Wednesday for another recipe from Tommy's Fish House.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU freshman with cancer flips coin at Saturday's game
LSU Parade Ground appears empty amid temporary tailgate restrictions
Greek Life imposes new tailgating guidelines in wake of student death
Video of Baker High fight sparks outrage among parents
LeBlanc's Boudin a total loss after fire