Southern athletics face eligibility crisis
BATON ROUGE - Southern University athletics officials announced Thursday that all their teams are banned from post-season play, until they can correct paperwork for athletic eligibility.
Southern athletics officials said they were notified about the issues in December and had been working to supply the NCAA with more and corrected paperwork.
The NCAA said if Southern met their deadlines for submitting the paperwork, the ban would be lifted in time for them to compete in upcoming tournaments.
Both of Southern's basketball teams are both currently 10-1, and the Southwestern Athletic Conference tournaments begin March 11.
Sports 2 will have more details tonight at 6 and 10.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Roundabouts planned throughout Livingston Parish
Criminal justice bills derailed by Louisiana budget feud
EXCLUSIVE: Mayor speaks out after call for firing of BRPD officer
Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
RAW: Video shows Southern's Devon Gales walking with robotic exoskeleton