Mid City Market: Chef Don's Meat Pies and Shrimp and Corn Soup
BATON ROUGE - From great gumbo and sensations soups to spaghetti and meatballs like your Momma used to make, Mid City Market has it all. Chef Don Bergeron returned to the 2une In Kitchen this morning for his final appearance as our Chef of the Month with more comfort food: Meat Pies and Shrimp and Corn Soup.
Chef Don's Meat Pies:
1 lb. ground beef
½ lb. ground pork
1 ½ cups chopped seasonings (onions, celery & bell pepper)
1 tbs. chopped garlic
1 tbs. beef base
1 tbs. chicken base
6 oz. water
Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste
2 tbs. flour
2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 cup sliced green onions
prepared pie crust
1) Sauté beef & pork until completely cooked in a heavy bottom pot.
2) Drain off excess fat and add seasonings and garlic.
3) Sauté another ten minutes.
4) Dissolve bases in water and add along with salt and peppers.
5) Cook until water is nearly gone.
6) Blend in flour.
7) Mix well and add parsley and green onions.
8) Stir until well-blended.
9) Allow to cool completely.
Watch the video to learn more about Chef Don's shrimp and corn soup and one of Mid City Markets delicious deserts. Visit the related links for more recipes from Chef Don Begeron's stint as our Chef of the Month.