Le Creole - Seared Duck with Sweet Potato Cake
This morning on 2une In, Chef Ryan Andre from Le Creole showed us how to make a delicious duck recipe with a great side dish.
8 oz. duck breast (skin on)
salt and pepper
2 tbsp. canola oil
1. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over med-high heat almost to smoke point
2. Be sure duck breast is patted dry with clean towel
3. Season with salt and pepper and place skin side down in skillet
4. Place a weight on top of duck breast to press in skillet
5. Sear for approximately 3-4 min or until skin is crispy
6. Flip duck Breast and turn heat to medium
7. Cook for approximately 3-4 min or until desired temperature
Sweet Potato Au Gratin Cake
8 large sweet potatoes (peeled)
4 tbsp. salt (divided)
8 tbsp. butter
2 red onions (julienned)
8 tbsp. flour
5 cups heavy cream
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1.5 tbsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. ground ginger
3 cups grated Romano cheese
2 cups sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice sweet potatoes finely on a mandoline and place in large mixing bowl.
3. Toss potatoes with 3 tbsp. salt and let stand for 15 min.
4. While waiting on potatoes, place butter in saucepot and melt over medium heat.
5. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
6. Add flour and make a blonde roux.
7. Add cream and seasonings and allow to cook for approximately 10 min or until thickened.
8. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted.
9. Rinse potatoes under cold water and drain.
10. Squeeze excess water out of potatoes with hands and add to thickened cream mixture.
11. Gently stir in green onions and continue until potatoes are well coated.
12. Place potato mixture in a greased 9x13x2 baking pan and lightly press with another baking pan.
13. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for approximately 25-30 min.
14. Remove foil and press again with another baking pan to pack even more.
15. Be sure to place on a cookie sheet to catch any drippings and place back in oven for 15-20 min or until golden.
16. Remove from oven and cut to serve.
1/2 cup Steen's cane syrup
1/4 cup light karo corn syrup
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. butter
1. Place first 4 ingredients in small saucepot and bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in butter 1 tbsp. at a time until all is melted.
3. Store at room temperature until needed.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Senator Cassidy unveils plan to replace Affordable Care Act
Crews battled large fire at recycling plant Monday
WATCH: Crews battle fire at recycling plant Monday
WATCH: Video of fire at Prairieville recycling plant seen by drivers
Livonia residents say turning left on Hwy 190 is a death wish