Le Creole - Crawfish Creole and Pepper Jack Grits
Today on 2une In, Executive Sous Chef Justin McVey from Le Creole brought us a fresh seafood dish that's easy to make at home.
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1 oz. minced garlic
3 oz. sliced tasso
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
4 oz. crawfish tails
2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. sugar
1. Sauté onion, celery, bell pepper, tasso and garlic in butter until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes and cook down for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add stock and seasonings, simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Adjust seasonings if needed and add crawfish in last 5 minutes.
5. Thicken with cornstarch slurry if need be (cornstarch and water)
Pepper Jack Grits (yields 12 cups)
1/4 lb. butter
1/2 onion (diced)
9 1/2 cups milk
3 cups grits
12 oz. Pepper Jack cheese
1 tsp. white pepper
4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1. In a large pot, sauté onion in butter until translucent.
2. Add milk and thyme, bring to a simmer.
3. Slowly add grits while whisking constantly.
4. Add seasonings and reduce to low heat.
5. Whisk often until desired consistency.
6. Turn off heat, fold in cheese.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
More than $160,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon
West Baton Rouge school board offered free lunch for law enforcment
Hundreds gather for vigil for 3 slain officers
Financial help coming to families of fallen law enforcement heroes
Metro Council members oppose police residency requirements