Kids in the Kitchen: Pesto Shrimp Kabobs
BATON ROUGE- This morning on Kids in the Kitchen, News 2's Kylie Dixon was back at Pennington Biomedical cooking something healthy that the whole family can enjoy. Make sure to watch the video for directions on how to make delicious Pesto Shrimp Kabobs.
Pesto Shrimp Kabobs
Makes: 15 Kebabs
1 ½ lbs. Jumbo or Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Bell peppers, preferably different colors (red, yellow, or orange), seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Zucchinis, cut into 1/2 inch round slices
2 Yellow Squash, cut into 1/2 inch round slices
8oz. Mushrooms, whole, washed, drained, and stems removed
1 Red Onion, cut into chunks
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
6oz. prepared Pesto
Salt and Pepper to taste
If Grilling: wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes; not necessary if baking.
These can be cooked on a grill or baked in the oven.
Grilling: Preheat grill for medium heat;
Baking: Preheat oven to 350ºF
1. Spray baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
2. Alternately thread vegetables and shrimp onto skewers; try to use at least one piece of each vegetable
and a few shrimp on each skewer.
3. Place assembled skewers in baking dish or pan.
4. Brush each skewer on all sides with Pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Grilling: Cook skewers on preheated grill until vegetables are tender and shrimp are cooked; turning occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
6. Baking: Cook skewers uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp are cooked.
Serve with Quinoa, Brown and Wild Rice Mix, or Couscous.
Per Serving: 1 Kebab (167.1g)
1.7g Sat. Fat
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
White pelicans seen relaxing in LSU lakes
Shoplifters: Two wanted for stealing more than $5,000 in merchandise
A hot dog? Firefighters rescue pet stuck in heating duct
Sunshine Bridge closure affecting local businesses
LSU professor invents new way to detect breast cancer genes using a...