Kids in the Kitchen: No-Mess Sloppy Joes
BATON ROUGE- News 2's Kylie Dixon was back in the Pennington kitchen on Monday filming another segment of Kids in the Kitchen. This week she's giving us a unique spin on the family favorite: Sloppy Joes!
Watch the video to see how you can make your own "No-Mess Sloppy Joes," with the same delicious taste as the original...without the ‘sloppy' part.
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook and stir the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, breaking the meat up into crumbles as it cooks, until the meat is well browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Drain the fat from the beef in a colander.
3. Return beef to skillet, and stir in sour cream, ketchup, salt, and garlic powder.
4. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat, and simmer while you make the pockets.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
6. Unroll the biscuits on a floured work surface, and lightly roll each biscuit out to a square about 4 inches on a side.
7. Arrange the squares on a baking sheet. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the beef mixture into the center of each square, and fold a corner over to meet its opposite corner, making a triangle.
8. Seal the edges with a fork, and cut three small slits into the top of each pocket.
9. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Brush each pocket with melted butter.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One transported after construction crane falls on vehicle in Henderson
DOTD to discuss widening of LA 44, roundabout in Ascension Parish
Restore Louisiana to reopen survey and extend application deadline
Doorman, veteran at local bar salutes for national anthem, becomes internet sensation
Mississippi casino revenue rises as sports betting begins