Kids in the Kitchen: Baked Zucchini Sticks
BATON ROUGE- Just a few more weeks until kids have to head back to school. This week's Kids in the Kitchen segment features a healthy snack that would be a great addition in any school lunch. News 2's Kylie Dixon was back in the Pennington Biomedical kitchen baking some tasty Zucchini Sticks.
Check out the video and the recipe below so you can try them out at home!
2 cups Italian Panko (or breadcrumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Cut the end off of each zucchini and cut the zucchini in 4 inch strips.
4. Crack eggs into bowl and mix well. Pour 2 cups Italian panko into bowl.
5. Coat each strip in egg mixture and roll each strip in panko.
6. Place each strip on baking sheet when done.
7. Cook for 12 minutes and flip each strip.
8. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Exxon eyes Baton Rouge for more expansion, reports suggest
Crews working to clear drainage canals in Denham Springs
BREC Commission to discuss alternate location for the Baton Rouge Zoo
Investigative Unit: New juvenile jail sits unused because there's no money to...
Inmate charged with orchestrating 7-year tax fraud scheme from prison