Junior League of Baton Rouge: Autism Speaker series
BATON ROUGE- The Junior League of Baton Rouge is hosting a speaker series on autism to educate others on the safety procedures associated with the disease that affects on in every 68 children.
Dennis Debbaudt will be speaking at the event, he's the leading global voice on autism training for law enforcement and emergency responders. Local law enforcement agencies and other emergency responders will also be in attendance.
The series will cover address autism safety relating to emergency service providers. The lecture will cover:
- Identifying issues of autism-related risk
- Precautions to manage autism risks at home and school
- Disclosure options (ID cards, 911 registries, etc.)
- Prevention/response plans for wandering
- Minimizing victimization of people with autism
- Identifying tools and options for parents, educators, first responders and others dealing with people with autism.
The event is free to attend but you must register here.
The speaker series will take place at EMS Headquarters, 3801 Harding Boulevard in Baton Rouge.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Dog teaches new puppy how to sit
Talk show host Williams taking time off for health reasons
Recommendation from LSU Greek task force: Tailgating at chapter houses, not Parade...
A look back: Billy Graham brings ministry to Tiger Stadium
UPDATE: Mother upset with investigation involving infant