Houmas House - Panneed Veal with Marsala Sauce
Panneed Veal with Marsala Sauce
8 (2-ounce) veal loins
2 cups flour
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 cups dried fine bread crumbs
Olive oil for frying
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Season each piece of veal with salt and pepper.
2. Place each portion of veal between two sheets of plastic wrap.
3. Gently pound the veal very thin.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
5. Dredge the veal in the flour.
6. Dip the veal in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off.
7. Dredge the veal in the bread crumbs, coating each side completely.
8. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil.
9. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the veal for 2 minutes on each side.
10. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined pan.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1 1/2 cups beef stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add olive oil to heavy hot saucepan.
2. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are tender.
3. Add flour and cook about 1 minute then deglaze pan with Marsala wine.
4. Add beef stock and cook until thick and flavors are blended.