Home flooded in August struck by lightning and burned Tuesday
DENHAM SPRINGS – A family working to rebuild their life now has another disaster to deal with after their home was struck by lightning and caught on fire Tuesday.
Firefighters had to do CPR on one of the family's dogs. The pet survived.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 30000 block of Thunderbird Place around 3 p.m. Tuesday to a report of a house on fire following a lightning strike. WBRZ's weather data showed as many as two lightning strikes in and around the neighborhood north of downtown and on the east side of Range.
When dispatched, firefighters were told flames had already started shooting from the roof of the home.
The family told WBRZ reporter Brett Buffington, they were in the process of renovating their home following the August flood.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
'Fans for the Elderly' aims to keep residents cool
Police release video of officers beaten in New Orleans brawl
Permanent injunction wanted for proposed Ascension Parish development
Residents praising NOPD response following weekend brawl on Bourbon Street
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence