Galatoire's - BBQ Shrimp and Grits
BBQ Shrimp and Grits
20 21/25 Louisiana shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
2 oz. of olive oil
1 t. chopped garlic
1 t. chopped rosemary
2 oz. Worcestershire
4 oz. beer
¼ lb. of salted butter (chopped in 6 pieces)
½ lb. yellow stone ground grits
1 qt. heavy whipping cream
1 qt. water
¼ lb. of salted butter
1. In a small sauce pot, bring cream, water and butter to a simmer and add grits.
2. Continue to simmer but stir to make sure grits do no stick to bottom of pot.
3. In a medium sauté pan, turn to medium heat and add oil.
4. Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper and cayenne and allow to cook on both sides. 5. Once shrimp is almost done cooking, add garlic and rosemary.
6. Deglaze pan with Worcestershire and beer and bring to a simmer.
7. Turn heat off of pan and add butter.
8. Continue to stir butter around allowing it to melt.
9. The sauce should have a smooth consistency but if it looks as if the butter is separating return to heat slightly and add a splash of cream.
10. Season grits with salt and pepper and serve shrimp and sauce next to grits and enjoy!
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Flood victims could qualify for new bathroom, kitchen
New details on Vice President Mike Pence's visit to Baton Rouge Wednesday
Cop's alleged racist messages on gay chat app under investigation
Scotlandville High honors 17-year-old cancer victim at graduation ceremony
2 escape house fire on Woodglynn Drive