Child dies in house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said they're still trying to find out what started the fire that killed a 2-year-old boy in Baton Rouge this morning.
Family members said Marques Veals was found dead in the burned home on 5322 Paige Street after the fire was extinguished.
Firefighters said relatives tried to get inside the house to save the toddler, but the flames and heat were too intense. Two other people were taken from the scene by ambulance to nearby hospitals with minor injuries.
Investigators said the building was a total loss, and that Veals' body was found in the kitchen area.
News 2 will have more from this deadly fire tonight on WBRZ.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
More businesses taking shape at Nicholson Gateway
Good Samaritan rescues 4-year-old left behind on hot school bus
Surveillance footage catches pair of juveniles stealing from home in broad daylight
One transported after construction crane falls on vehicle in Henderson
DOTD to discuss widening of LA 44, roundabout in Ascension Parish