Chef of the Month: Caliente Mexican Craving's Adobo Chicken Tacos
BATON ROUGE- During the month of May, our chef of the month is from Caliente Mexican Craving. This morning, Raul Arenas and Jessica Barraza kicked off their month-long stint in the kitchen by showing us how to make some delicious Adobo Chicken Tacos.
2 lbs. chicken breast
5 bay leaves
20 Chiles Guajillo
1 cup pineapple juice
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 cup of shredded red cabbage
1 cup of shredded green cabbage
½ cup of cilantro
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Cook the chiles, guajillo, and bay leaves until soft.
2. Blend chiles, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and pineapple juice in a blender.
3. Strain mixture through a colander.
4. Marinade chicken in the chile mixture for at least an hour
5. Grill chicken
6. Combine red and green cabbage with cilantro and olive oil
7. Assemble the tacos
Check out 2une In next week to check out another recipe from Caliente Mexican Craving.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Suspected robber and his alleged getaway taxi driver both arrested
Sewage overflow creating mess for Slaughter woman
Tax break for residents in Livingston Parish
Investigative Unit: Political rivals feud over destroyed campaign signs
Video shows cab driver and theft suspect being arrested