Chef of the Month: BBQ Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
This morning on 2une In chef Cody Tregre stopped by 2une In to whip up some delicious bbq shrimp with smoked Gouda cheese grits. Check out the recipe below and 2une In next Wednesday to see the next delicious recipe from Blend in Baton Rouge.
1/2 cup stone ground grits
2 cups water
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup mascarpone
1 cup smoked Gouda cheese (grated)
2 tbsp. chives
1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt and butter.
2. Add grits and whisk constantly.
3. Lower heat and continue stirring until water is absorbed.
4. Mix in cheese until melted. Fold in chives.
5 jumbo shrimp
1/4 vegetable stock
1 tsp. shallots (diced)
1/4 garlic clove (sliced)
1 tbsp. green onion
1/4 cup butter
10 dashes Tabasco
1 cup Worcestershire
5 whole black peppercorns
3 sprigs of thyme
2 oz. Amber beer
Directions (BBQ Base):
1. Mix Tabasco, Worcestire, peppercorns, thyme, and beer in a pan.
2. Reduce by half.
1. Add shrimp, 1/2 cup of bbq base, vegetable stock, garlic, and shallots.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Sauce should reduce until nearly gone.
4. Finish cooking
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Restore Louisiana to reopen survey and extend application deadline
Doorman, veteran at local bar salutes for national anthem, becomes internet sensation
Mississippi casino revenue rises as sports betting begins
Doorman, veteran at local bar salutes for national anthem, becomes social media...
Gonzales could fine property owners for uncut grass