Blackened trout bouillabaisse with poached shrimp & crab
BATON ROUGE - Galatoire's Bistro Chef Kelley McCann brought the seafood to the station today and had bouillabaisse on the brain. Chef McCann says the kitchen at his restaurant has been taking the traditional French dish and putting a Baton Rouge spin on it with the addition of blackened trout and poached shellfish.
The quick dish has been pleasing customers and you can try it at home by following this recipe:
Blackened trout bouillabaisse with poached Louisiana shrimp and crab
- 4 fillets of trout
- Blackening seasoning
- 12 10/15 head-on shrimp
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 6 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch saffron
- 4 oz of ground trinity
- 4 oz white wine
- 4 oz water
- 4 oz salted butter
- 4 oz chopped green onions
- In a small pot, sweat out ground vegetables and deglaze pot with white wine. Simmer for 2 minutes and add water, tomato and saffron then bring back to a simmer.
- In a medium saute pan on medium high heat, add small amount of oil. Apply thick coat of blackening seasoning to each piece of fish and add into pan. Sear each side until a dark crispy crust has formed then remove from heat. Divide each piece of fish onto separate plates.
- Back to the small pot, add in shrimp and cook for 4-6 minutes. Remove shrimp and top fish. Add salted butter to the tomato saffron mixture and reduce until thickened. Pour sauce over dish and top with green onions.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One suspect in custody, another wanted after deadly home invasion
At Governor's request, Restore La. agrees to expand program offerings
Baton Rouge stores selling out of equipment to view solar eclipse
For sale: Cortana on the market for $4 million
FEMA house-hauler damaged water line; Homeowner soaked