Asian Crunch with the Twinatics
BATON ROUGE - Health-conscious twins and LSU grads, Christina and Catherine Mahtook, joined us in the kitchen Friday with recipes from their online cookbook of healthy recipes inspired by their mother's battle with breast cancer. The duo hopped on board a plant-based diet with their mother and are now sharing their healthy recipes on their downloadable "e-cookbook."
The Twinatics shared with us their Asian Crunch dish cool enough for any Tiger tailgate.
To make Asian Crunch, these ingredients are needed:
- 1 16oz bag Broccoli Slaw
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 box of sprouted grain(or whole wheat) pasta
- 16 oz bag of edamame (soy beans)
- 3 packets of Stevia (2-3 table spoons of the sweetener of your choice)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Tamari (soy sauce)
The girls reccommended to add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir. For a refreshing and healthy meal, the girls advise to chill the salad for up to 2 to 3 hours.
To get your hands on a digital copy of the cookbook, "Get Real with Twinatics", visit their website at twinatics.com.