2013 construction plans
BATON ROUGE - The new year will bring changes to the drive through the Capital Region.
Major road construction projects are scheduled to be completed in 2013. Others to widen more miles of roadway will begin.
Complete in 2013:
- The widening of I-10 from the 10-12 split to Highland Road in Baton Rouge
- The widening of I-12 from Juban Road to Walker in Livingston Parish
- The widening of LA 73 from US 61 (Airline Highway) to I-10 in Ascension Parish
- The resurfacing of Airline from LA22 to LA74 in Ascension Parish
- The widening of Staring Lane from Highland to Perkins in Baton Rouge
- The widening of the second segment of South Harrell's Ferry from east of Millerville Road to O'Neal Lane.
Total cost: more than $200 million dollars.
Among the major projects to being in 2013 is the widening of I-12 into Livingston Parish, as far as Satsuma. Also, widening part of LA 42 in Ascension Parish.
Design work is expected to begon on an expansion of I-10 into Ascension Parish.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Blue light bulbs out of stock at local businesses following police shooting
New campaign to use anonymous texting to combat bullying
New Roads mayor focus of theft, malfeasance grand jury probe
More than $185,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon
More than $160,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon