Content Tagged As camp_minden

Tagged News

  • EPA: agreement for Camp Minden explosives cleanup

    October 29, 2014 1:59 PM

    NEW ORLEANS - The Environmental Protection Agency says 15 million pounds of abandoned M6 propellant at Camp Minden will be destroyed in "burn trays" designed for the project. The EPA says the Louisiana Military Department will burn the explosives. But a Louisiana National Guard spokesman says the guard will just... more »
  • National Guard looking for way to dispose of propellant

    November 19, 2013 11:33 AM

    BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana National Guard is looking for a way to dispose of military propellant that was stored at Camp Minden. Authorities say the 19 million pounds of propellant had been improperly stored. Major General Glenn Curtis told the House homeland security committee that the U.S.... more »
  • La. explosives company officials plead not guilty

    July 31, 2013 12:32 PM

    SHREVEPORT - Six executives of a Louisiana company that recycles explosives have pleaded not guilty as part of an investigation into the improper storage of millions of pounds of military propellant. The Webster Parish district attorney's office says they pleaded not guilty on Monday. A status conference is scheduled for... more »
  • 5.5M pounds of explosive moved at N. La. site

    January 4, 2013 7:17 AM

    DOYLINE, La. - State police say that just over 5.5 million pounds of explosive propellant has been moved at the northwestern Louisiana industrial site where it was found to be improperly stored several weeks ago. On Thursday, crews moved about 93,600 pounds of the material, bringing the total safely... more »
  • Cleanup continues at La. explosive company

    December 19, 2012 10:36 AM

    DOYLINE - Authorities say it could take up to three weeks to finish storing military propellant at an explosives recycling company that caused the evacuation of a Louisiana town. The town of Doyline was evacuated earlier this month after authorities said they found 6 million pounds of the material improperly... more »
  • Crews resume moving explosives

    December 5, 2012 10:27 AM

    DOYLINE, La. - Authorities have resumed moving millions of pounds of explosives they say were improperly stored at a munitions recycling facility in north Louisiana. State Police spokeswoman Julie Lewis said Wednesday the materials are being moved to a safe location at the Camp Minden industrial site in Webster Parish.... more »
  • La. watches weather as crews move explosives

    December 4, 2012 8:09 AM

    DOYLINE, La. - Authorities are keeping a close eye on the weather and watching for lightning as they work to secure 6 million pounds of explosives at a former ammunition plant in northwest Louisiana. State police spokeswoman Lt. Julie Lewis says crews will suspend efforts to relocate the M6... more »
  • Town evacuates as authorities relocate explosives

    December 3, 2012 7:34 AM

    SHREVEPORT - Authorities have resumed the transfer of an estimated 6 million pounds of improperly stored explosive material at a northwest Louisiana industrial site. State police say the movement of the explosive "M6" propellant began again at daybreak Monday at Camp Minden in rural Webster Parish after being suspended before... more »
  • Monday night noise was explosion at Camp Minden

    October 16, 2012 11:21 AM

    MINDEN - Authorities in Webster Parish in northwest Louisiana say an explosion at the Camp Minden industrial site was the source of a loud, ground-rattling boom late Monday. The Webster Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that the explosion happened in an underground bunker at a Camp Minden business called Explo. Authorities... more »
  • State: 350 new jobs coming to Camp Minden site

    July 30, 2012 4:05 PM

    CAMP MINDEN - A planned maintenance facility for military vehicles at a north Louisiana National Guard training site is forecast to create 350 new jobs. Tiburon Associates Inc. and the state economic development department announced the plans for the facility at Camp Minden in a news release Monday. The state... more »
  • Camp Minden lawsuit settled

    October 26, 2009 6:03 AM

    The parents of Bradley Millet who say he was abused at a Louisiana National Guard Youth Challenge facility last year have reached a $95,000 settlement. Lawyers say Millet was put in a small cubicle in a building called "the hole", dehydrated, and left in his own vomit and waste for... more »

Top Stories