Local News

Worker hurt trying to shut off gas fire

Font size

Posted: May 30, 2012 4:55 PM by Russell Jones
Updated: May 30, 2012 4:55 PM
Source: WBRZ

  Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

Topics: utility, worker, hurt, gas, fire, Madras, Baton Rouge

BATON ROUGE - A gas meter caught on fire and injured one utility worker this afternoon in Baton Rouge.

Curt Monte with the Baton Rouge Fire Department said it happened this afternoon behind a home on Madras Drive. Flames from the meter could be seen shooting up behind the roof of the house.

Monte said firefighters got the fire under control, but not before it did serious damage to the home.

The injured Entergy worker was taken by EMS to a local hospital. A company spokesperson said it wasn't clear how badly they were injured, or how they sustained the injury.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular