Work continues on traffic plan for CCC toll plaza
NEW ORLEANS - With the Crescent City Connection tolls eliminated, state transportation officials are continuing work on a traffic plan for the toll plaza.
Voters rejected a 20-year extension of the tolls Saturday after the second vote on the issue.
The Department of Transportation and Development tells The Times-Picayune engineers will monitor traffic patterns on the bridge and adjust as needed.
Last year, officials said reconfiguring the toll plaza could take at least six months. The work would involve restriping the elevated West Bank Expressway and demolishing the toll booths.
Transportation spokeswoman Bambi Hall said in an email that no final plans have been determined and there is no construction schedule in place.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer
State officials respond to The Investigative Unit's report on Hwy 190 in...
Cemetery still working to identify bodies disturbed by August flood
Walker subdivision still having drainage problems