Posted: Aug 14, 2014 7:59 PM by Michael Marsh
Updated: Aug 14, 2014 7:59 PM
Source: Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH- A woman who drank tea laced with lye is in critical condition and can't talk.
Jan Harding and her husband were at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan when she sipped a glass of sweet tea.
She told her husband it felt like she drank acid.
He rushed her to a hospital and she has severe mouth and throat burns.
Police say it appears to be an accidental poisoning and the owner of the restaurant says he's praying for her recovery and is cooperating with the investigation.