Woman who drank poisoned tea is critical
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH- A woman who drank tea laced with lye is in critical condition and can't talk.
Jan Harding and her husband were at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan when she sipped a glass of sweet tea.
She told her husband it felt like she drank acid.
He rushed her to a hospital and she has severe mouth and throat burns.
Police say it appears to be an accidental poisoning and the owner of the restaurant says he's praying for her recovery and is cooperating with the investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Impaired driver crashes into Trooper's vehicle on I-12
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer
State officials respond to The Investigative Unit's report on Hwy 190 in...
Cemetery still working to identify bodies disturbed by August flood