Woman burned before being rescued from inferno
ERWINVILLE- Firefighters spent the night extinguishing hot spots after a mobile home erupted into flames in West Baton Rouge Parish Wednesday evening.
Multiple fire departments were called to the scene on Tuscaloosa Avenue, off Bueche Road near Highway 190.
People said the home burst into flames. Inside, were oxygen tanks that may have fueled the fire.
"I looked out the front door and seen fire come out the back window," Cody Richard said. Richard lives on the same block as the trailer that caught on fire.
Richard knew his neighbor was probably inside.
"I rushed to the front door. She wasn't there," Richard said as he recounted his worried race around the home hoping to find the woman who lived there.
"I went to the back door where I heard her. She was at the back door, by the oxygen tanks," he said.
He was able to get the woman out. Richard said she was burned on her legs, but otherwise okay.
The woman's name was not released and there has been no official report from firefighters about what sparked the blaze.
No other injuries were reported.
At one point neighbors were worried about the flames possibly spreading to structures nearby, but emergency crews were able to keep that from happening.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt
New road to allow additional access to Lamar Dixon Expo Center
Southern University's disrepair could affect enrollment