White House slams decision to block travel ban
HONOLULU - The White House is blasting a federal judge's decision to block the Trump administration from enforcing the latest version its travel ban, calling the order "dangerously flawed."
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders says the Hawaii decision "undercuts the president's efforts to keep the American people safe and enforce minimum security standards for entry into the United States."
In a separate statement, Justice Department spokesman Ian Prior says it will appeal the ruling "in an expeditious manner."
The restrictions had been set to go into effect early Wednesday. They were to apply to citizens of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria and Yemen - and some Venezuelan government officials and their families.
Sanders says the restrictions are "vital" to ensuring foreign nations comply with U.S. security standards.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Young adults learn life-saving tactics through EMS Explorer Post program
Pump station upgrade on the way in Sherwood Forest
Police arrest teacher accused of abusing multiple students at Baker school
With a new road tax, officials plan light synchronization
Parents charged in 3-year-old girl's drowning