Walker hires attorneys in planned lawsuit over flooding
WALKER - The city announced Monday, it hired attorneys for a planned lawsuit over the August flood.
The city said Michael C. Palmintier, APLC and John Neale deGravelles, LLC of Baton Rouge will handle a possible lawsuit against state and federal government agencies related to the flood. Days after the deluge, Walker Mayor Rick Ramsey announced a planned lawsuit in a live TV interview with WBRZ.
Monday, more than a month since the flood, the city said hiring the attorneys was "the first step for the City in litigation regarding construction of the interstate barrier causing flooding in our area." Ramsey contends the high, concrete wall on I-12 blocked water flow and caused flooding in the city. About 80% of the city flooded, Ramsey said previously.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Overnight crash involving Baton Rouge police officer
BRPD to host National Night Out Against Crime
Amazon posts job listings for new Baton Rouge warehouse
State Capitol's front doors will reopen after three years - but it...
'Cajuneers' using military trucks to collect donations for Florence victims