UK says Trump trip invite still stands after report of delay
LONDON - The British prime minister's office says the state visit invitation to U.S. President Donald Trump still stands, after a newspaper reported that Trump wants to postpone the trip.
The Guardian reported Sunday that Trump told Prime Minister Theresa May that he doesn't want to come if there will be protests - a likely prospect. The newspaper cited an unnamed Downing St. aide in the room.
May's office declined to comment on "private phone conversations."
It said Queen Elizabeth II had "extended an invitation to President Trump to visit the U.K. and there is no change to those plans."
Britain has never confirmed dates for the visit.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan last week said the visit should be called off, after Trump insulted him in tweets following the London Bridge attack.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Internet goes wild for singing donkey
Condemned property demolition put on hold by property owner
Fans propose 'whiteout' for LSU, Alabama game amid controversial Devin White suspension
Livingston Parish man calls 911, admits to killing father
No more changes to St. George petition after Monday night