Posted: Nov 25, 2010 5:02 PM by Russell Jones
Source: Central Fire Department
CENTRAL - One home was destroyed and another had minor damage after a chemical fire earlier this afternoon in Central.
Firefighters said the fire started in the garage of a home on North Oak Drive, and the wind carried it to the home next door, which is owned by a Central firefighter.
Investigators believe a small fire started in a closet or utility room attached to the garage, and was then fueled by something when a car was backed into the garage.
No one was injured in the fire.
News 2 will have reaction from the home's owner tonight on News 2 at 10.