Posted: May 24, 2010 6:04 PM by Rachel Frost
Updated: May 24, 2010 8:33 PM
Several people have been without water and electricity for nearly a week in Baton Rouge.
A tree fell on two mobile homes, broke a water-line and took down power lines at Nelson's Mobile Home Village on Victoria Drive last week.
Today, the landlord of the property says Entergy will supply temporary power to one of the trailers. Other mobile home owners are running extension cords from their neighbor's trailers.
Valessia Hills, a resident without power, said, "It's kind of dangerous because the wires are getting hot and it's a hazard because the wires are getting hot and it's a hazard problem to run an air condition, ice box and TV and all that just to be comfortable."
The State Fire Marshall says running extension cords between homes is a fire hazard and those people should unplug them now. He's planning on sending an inspector to the trailer park tomorrow.