Trailer fire on Airline Hwy. sparked by smoking materials
BATON ROUGE - A fire that completely destroyed a trailer was reportedly caused by discarded smoking materials.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters were called to the 8200 block of Airline Hwy. around 9:11 p.m. Saturday night.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find the trailer engulfed in flames.
No injuries were reported, according to BRFD. The trailer is considered a total loss.
The fire is believed to have started by discarded smoking materials, BRFD said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Crying child wanders into parking lot after being left on school bus...
Livingston Fire Dept.'s struggle with lack of funding continues
Crawfish could be in short supply for businesses relying on Atchafalaya Basin
Brusly looking for missing traffic ticket money
High School located in 'Food Desert' gets a garden on campus