TPSO: Woman, dog suffocate from generator fumes
AMITE CITY - Deputies in Tangipahoa Parish reported a woman and her dog found dead in their home were overcome by fumes from a generator.
Sheriff's deputies were called out to the home of Jerri Lynn Hall yesterday, after she was found deceased in her bed. They said the family dog was also found dead inside the home, and both are believed to have died from a lack of oxygen.
Investigators said a generator was found inside the residence and had apparently been running overnight. They also said they found empty gasoline containers in the home.
The coroner's office was notified and will verify the cause of death.
Deputies warned people not to operate generators inside the home, and always make sure there is proper ventilation in any space generators are operated in.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Daycare owner indicted on negligent homicide charge in child's death
Slow start to ticket sales for Saturday's LSU, USC game
La. VA secretary out amid patient care scandal
LSU general admission tickets go on sale Thursday
West Feliciana deputy accused of using 'n' word, multiple complaints filed