Tommy's Fish House: Seared Tuna
BATON ROUGE - Our 2une In Chef of the Month for February is Tommy's Fish House in Prairieville. Kenny Carr joined us in the kitchen this morning with a recipe that's perfect for the start of Lent: Seared Tuna.
1) Put about 3 tbsp. of butter in your pan.
2) Dust each side of the tuna.
3) Cook for about 2.5 minutes on each side then remove from heat.
4) Put 2 tbsp. of butter and 3 oz. of crawfish in a separate pan.
5) Saute then add green onions & pinch of chicken base.
6) Let sit for about 45 seconds.
7) Add heavy cream and let reduce.
8) In another pan, add water, butter, salt pepper and broccoli.
9) Let broccoli steam.
10) Remove sauce from heat.
11) Place two pieces of tuna on a plate.
12) Spoon crawfish tails on top.
13) Drizzle the sauce around the tuna.
14) Place broccoli on the plate & serve.
Click on the related links for more recipes from Tommy's Fish House in Prairieville.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Small plane makes emergency landing in Scotlandville Friday; no injuries reported
Southern University police bust a move while filming 'Lipsync Challenge' video
Still no leads in parish-wide cat killings
Resident trying to stay cool amid heat advisory this weekend
USPS investigating mail found in storm drain