Tommy's Fish House: French Toast, Omelets and the Hangover Sandwich
PRAIRIEVILLE - Tommy's Fish House in Prairieville has shown you delicious recipes all February long, including seared tuna, shrimp and grits and pepper jack crab dip as our Chef of the Month. This morning on 2une In, Kenny Carr and Chalin Delaune helped kick-start your day with the perfect breakfast: Tommy's French Toast
4 slices French bread (cut 1 in. thick)
2 eggs (any size)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1) Let French bread dry overnight
2) Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
3) Whisk until smooth.
4) Heat large, non-stick pan on medium high.
5) Dip sliced bread in batter until completely saturated (about 10 seconds)
6) Cook on both sides until brown (about 4-5 minutes/side)
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
The Louisiana Red Cross gives out free smoke alarms in two neighborhoods
LSU to wear uniforms saluting fallen WWI heroes Saturday
Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1 billion ahead of Friday drawing
Power restored in downtown Baton Rouge after electrical fire causes hours-long outage
Frustrated commuters call for officials to "raise hell" after Sunshine Bridge closure