Toddler killed after touching exposed wires on A/C unit
ADDIS - A one-year-old was electrocuted after touching exposed electrical wires on an air conditioner unit Monday.
Sources in the West Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's office said the ground was wet around the unit, which had been leaking. The incident happened at a duplex in the 7500 block of Chad Avenue.
The name of the female child was not released. An autopsy will be conducted Tuesday to determine an exact cause of death.
Electricity to the unit has been shut off, sources told WBRZ.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
District attorney announces security bump at LSU home games
GoFundMe started in Donald Smart's honor
Surveillance video shows man stealing equipment intended for disabled children's fundraiser
Former BREC commissioner fatally shot outside home; Possibly connected to other shootings
Governor announces $10 million for Southern University infrastructure project