Toddler dies; fell into pool with more than 1 foot rainwater
SHREVEPORT - A 2-year-old boy has died, four days after he slipped out of his house and was found in a swimming pool with more than a foot of rain water in it.
Noah Porteau's family tells KSLA-TV that he died Sunday morning.
The station reports that he'd been on a ventilator and in critical condition since falling into the family's swimming pool on Wednesday.
Authorities say the pool had been emptied, but had collected more than a foot of rainwater.
District 1 Fire Chief Dan Cotton tells The Times that the toddler somehow got through a secured barrier around the pool.
He estimates that the boy had been out of the house three to five minutes before his mother realized he was missing.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU sorority fundraising for Max Gruver Foundation
Judge upholds state's decision to pull Ascension daycare's license
More businesses taking shape at Nicholson Gateway
Good Samaritan rescues 4-year-old left behind on hot school bus
Surveillance footage catches pair of juveniles stealing from home in broad daylight