Posted: Jun 20, 2012 9:18 AM
Updated: Jun 20, 2012 9:18 AM
Source: 2une In
Tilapia with Crab and Shrimp
2 Tilapia Filets
2 tsp Cajon Seasoning
1 TBSP Olive Oil
½ C Crab and Shrimp Topping, see below
1. Season tilapia filets with Cajun seasoning.
2. Preheat your oven's broiler.
3. Grease a broiling pan with olive oil.
4. Arrange filets in a single layer on the prepared pan.
5. Broil a few inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Remove the filets from the oven and cover them with the Crab and Shrimp Cake mix on the top side.
7. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.
8. Serve with your favorite side dishes and a squeeze of lemon.
Crab and Shrimp Topping
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
½ Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut into ¼ inch pieces
1 C Mayonnaise
½ Small Egg, beaten
¼ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 TBSP Spicy Brown Mustard
1 pinch Salt and Pepper
3 TBSP Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Chives, chopped
½ C Panko Bread Crumbs
1 lb Lump Crab Meat
2 TBSP Oil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan.
2. Add peppers and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
4. When cool, add remaining ingredients. Stir gently.
5. Form into 12 cakes, approximately 3 ¼ ounce each.
6. In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
7. Add cakes and sauté on both sides until golden brown.