Thursday night house fire on Parkview started from fire place
BATON ROUGE - Fire crews had to deal with a difficult blaze that engulfed a home in the Broadmoor area Thursday night.
Everyone escaped the fire in the 9500 block of North Parkview Drive. Firefighters found flames shooting from the roof when they arrived just after 8:30.According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the cause of the house fire originated for the fire place. The family said that they left the home with the fire in the fire place still going.
Video recorded by a WBRZ crew on the scene showed intense, orange flames pouring from the middle of the home.
Parkview Drive is off Cora, near its intersection with Goodwood Blvd. east of Airline.
The fire happened as temperatures dropped into the low 40's late Thursday. By Friday morning, temperatures will have reached near freezing.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence