Threat leads to evacuation of Sandy Hook school
MONROE, CT - A bomb threat has led to the evacuation of the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
Monroe Police Lt. Brian McCauley says the threat was called in to the school at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday and the evacuation was ordered as a precaution. He says the school building and grounds were checked and no evidence of danger was found.
Nancy Bartosik of the Monroe superintendent's office says the school was dismissed early and students moved to a nearby school to be picked up by their parents.
A gunman killed 20 first-grade students and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December 2012. The students resumed classes in a school in the neighboring town of Monroe, also called Sandy Hook Elementary School. The original school was torn down last year.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Assumption deputies rock out to 90's hits in 'lip-sync' challenge
Metro Council to discuss filling Buddy Amoroso's seat
Survivor of crash that killed Buddy Amoroso demands driver education
After WBRZ report, authorities to meet with sheriff about deputy's sexual misconduct
Battle to better protect witnesses moves forward in East Baton Rouge