Texas man & dog found dead inside Corvette
PORT ARTHUR, TX - A spokesperson from the Port Arthur Police Department said a man found dead Monday afternoon inside of a Chevrolet Corvette parked outside of a restaurant appeared to have struggled to get out before he died.
Maj. Raymond Clark of Port Arthur PD said 72-year-old James Rogers' Corvette had electric locks and doors. It appears that when the man got into the vehicle, the battery cable came loose giving him no way to get out of the car, according to investigators.
Police responded to the scene after a passerby noticed the unresponsive man locked in his car. Rogers and his dog were both dead inside the vehicle when police opened it.
Officials said his death was likely the result of excessive exposure to heat.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Geaux Jeaux: Burrow's hometown fans fly to Baton Rouge to watch star...
White pelicans seen relaxing in LSU lakes
Shoplifters: Two wanted for stealing more than $5,000 in merchandise
A hot dog? Firefighters rescue pet stuck in heating duct
Sunshine Bridge closure affecting local businesses