Teen gets 20 years in mall shooting after guilty plea
BATON ROUGE - A Baton Rouge teen received a two-decade sentence today after pleading guilty to attempted murder charges in connection with a shooting at the Mall of Louisiana last year.
Johnny Williams, who was 17 when the shooting happened last, received the 20-year sentence for charges of attempted first-degree murder.
Deputies arrested him and a second teen, 17-year-old Michael Leneal Burrell, whom they said gave Williams the gun he used in the shooting last January.
Investigators said Williams and Burrell were involved in an argument with another group of juveniles. Williams was accused of firing into the crowd, hitting two people, after which Burrell drove him away from the mall.
District Attorney Hillar Moore said the sentence carries no chance of probation or parole. Burrell is due in court two weeks from now for a hearing related to his case.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Carolina police release dash cam shooting footage (Warning: Graphic Video)
North Carolina police release shooting footage (Graphic video warning)
West BR to implement traffic flow measures on LA 1 starting Monday
Man claims his severe losses came from contractor, not flood
Local teen prepares for 9th open heart surgery