Suspected gang members nabbed in BRAVE roundup
BATON ROUGE - Law enforcement in East Baton Rouge made nine arrests recently, including suspected gang members, in connection with a murder this past June and other crimes.
Members of the Baton Rouge Area Violence Elimination project announced the arrests today, and said several of the suspects were believed to be members of the Block Boyz gang in Baton Rouge.
A spokesperson said after a recent BRAVE call-in effort detectives identified 18-year-old Trevor Georgetown, a known member of the Block Boyz, as a suspect in the death of Franklin Lara, 18, in the Gardere area on June 6.
Investigators arrested Georgetown Wednesday evening after conducting a warrant roundup in Gardere where they arrested eight other people, including other suspected members of the Block Boyz.
Today, residents said they're pleased with the arrests.
"I'm glad they got some of them. It's kind of quiet now. Peaceful. Get them all off the streets," said one resident, who wished to remain anonymous.
Deputies booked Georgetown on first degree murder, attempted murder and armed robbery charges.
The following people were arrested during the warrant roundup:
- Antoine Fisher, 29 - No Driver's License, Issued bench warrant
- Brandon Rome, 25 - Fugitive for Baton Rouge City Court
- Nicholas Deandre, 19 - Narcotics distribution warrant
- Joshua Bess, 22 - Disturbing the Peace, Improper Telephone Communications, Simple Assault
- Brian Keith Sheppard, 19 - Simple Burglary
- Eric Sheppard, 17 - Simple Burglary
- Johron Segura, 18 - Simple Burglary of Inhabited Dwelling
- Donnar Lee Willis, 20 - Marijuana possession warrant